Companies and institutions all over the country are joining the LED revolution. Whether you are working on a new construction project or a retrofit of an existing commercial building, American Lighting is the lighting contractor to work with for outstanding results. In this week’s blog, we’ll give a run down of our services and discuss why choosing LED lighting for your next project can provide amazing rewards.
Start to Finish Service
You don’t need to be a lighting expert yourself to take advantages of the latest lighting innovations. We have the experts to help you every step of the way. From the initial analysis through installation, we know the process and can help you understand all aspects of the decisions.
Assessment & Proposal
The first step is to assess your lighting needs and to make a proposal. We will tour your facility with you and assess the current state of your lighting. Our engineering team will examine the assessment and create a Detailed Proposal. The goals of your new lighting system will be optimum lighting with maximum cost savings to you. Our proposals are clearly written with before and after costs for your energy so you can see that your return on investment will be. We will explain any part of the proposal that isn’t immediately clear to you. We strive for clarity so that you can make a fully informed decision.
When you have decided to move forward with the new lighting project or retrofit, we do all the work. Our team of experts will go to work. We have highly trained engineers and experienced technicians to do the work. We are licensed contractors, so you know we are trained, and that our work stands up to the highest standards.
Fields of Work
If you have an entire facility that needs the attention of a lighting contractor, we can step up and do the work, and if you have just a part of your facility needs new lighting, we can do that too. Our services are fully-scalable in that regard. We frequently work with hotels and retail entities, commercial office buildings, warehouses and manufacturing plants, schools and colleges, care dealerships, and hospitals and health care facilities. So, you can see, everyone can benefit from commercial lighting installations, upgrades or retro-fitting!
The Benefits of LED
Once the lighting system has been installed, all you have to do is to flip the switch and enjoy! LED lighting delivers so many benefits that it is a great choice for many reasons.
- Switching to LED lighting can help you face any financial squeeze your company or school is facing from other fronts. LED lighting can save you up to 75 percent on your energy bills.
- The financial savings overlap with other areas of savings, but they all come back to saving money.
- LED bulbs last up to 20 years, so you won’t have frequent replacement costs as you do with fluorescent tubes and incandescent bulbs.
- LED bulbs are tough. They are not made of glass and are shock resistant. This is one factor that contributes to their longevity.
- Less frequent replacement of bulbs means fewer maintenance checks on them, so you end up saving labor costs as well.
LED Lighting is Great for the Environment
- Because LED lights consume substantially fewer watts to create the same number of lumens, the put a much lighter demand on our energy grid. And this translates to less power being produced, which means fewer greenhouse gasses being produced.
- LED light bulbs contain no mercury, as compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) do and so require no special handling when broken or at the end of their life.
- LED bulbs are 100 percent recyclable.
- Because they last up to 20 years, a single bulb takes the place of many fluorescent, CFL or incandescent bulbs.
- LED lighting does not create heat
Flexibility of LED
- LED lights are useful for many commercial applications. From outdoor security, warehouse and gymnasium high bays, to task lighting, and ambiance lighting LED is a great choice.
- LED lighting can be made in many colors, so can be used for many areas where either bright white or warm white light is called for.
- Besides coming in both warm white and bright white, LED lighting can easily be made into colors, so it is a great choice for spaces that need entertainment or warning lights of other colors.
LED Lighting Delivers Light Quality
- LED light is bright. You can light up a hallway, parking garage or warehouse so that everyone has great visibility, without spending a fortune on electricity bills.
- LED light is directional, so you are not paying for more light than you are using and this helps keep light pollution under control in urban areas.
- LED bulbs do not give off heat as other types of lighting do, so you won’t have to spend money on cooling to compensate for heat from lighting sources.
- Unlike incandescent and CFL bulbs do so they are safe for UV sensitive areas.
- You have more control over LED than other types of lighting because they are dimmable.
- LED lights don’t require any warm-up period, but come on immediately at full force.
- LED lights work in extreme conditions, unlike other light bulbs.
To learn how LED lighting can benefit your business, school or medical facility, call the lighting contractors California turns to, call American Lighting.